The Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma's mission is:
Raise awareness and provide resources, as well as, promote acceptance and inclusion
for people with Down syndrome.
We do this through a variety of family-oriented events, education workshops and community awareness campaigns such as:
- Down Syndrome Festival & 5K
- DSACO Cup Golf Tournament
- New Parent Visits and Quarterly New Parent Breakfast
- Quarterly Workshops
- Parent to Parent Support Meetings
- Kylee's Kitchen (microwave-based cooking classes for teens and adults with Down syndrome)
- Computer Lab and Tutoring Center
- Holiday Themed Family and Teen/Self-Advocate Events
DSACO envisions communities where everyone -- including those with disabilities -- is accepted, included, empowered and given the opportunity and choice to create their own happiness and path to success.