DSACO is offering monetary reimbursement for expenses involved in attending the 2019 National Down Syndrome Congress Convention in Pittsburg, PA June 27-30 2019. Reimbursement will be given in amounts up to $1,500. If paying up front will be too burdensome, applicants may apply for a hardship exception. Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2019. No exceptions will be made.
Please send 2019 Convention Application to:
ATTN: Convention Assistance Committee
521 W. Wilshire Blvd., Suite 130
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Subject: DSACO Convention Assistance Committee
DSACO National Convention Assistance Guidelines & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the convention assistance, applicants:
- Must have Down syndrome or be an immediate family member such as parent, legal guardian, sibling, or grandparent of a person(s) with Down syndrome. Self-advocates must be 15 or older and an adult must accompany them to the convention.
- Must live within the DSACO outreach area.
- Those who received full conference assistance in 2018 must take one year off before applying again. Those who received and accepted partial assistance may apply again.
- May submit multiple applications per family; however, no more than one convention assistance will be awarded per family.
- Families receiving assistance for another conference are not eligible for assistance for NDSC in the same calendar year.
- Involvement with DSACO and/or the wider community is not required, but will be taken into consideration.
- Must sign and agree to the consent form in order to be considered. Under certain circumstances, if the assistance recipient withdraws, he/she will be required to repay the convention assistance amount received.
- Must make a presentation about the convention by one or more of the following within 90 days of returning from the convention:
- DSACO newsletter
- DSACO Parent 2 Parent meeting
- Teen/Adult Gathering
- New Parent Breakfast
- Must volunteer with three DSACO events/programs, to be arranged within 90 days of returning
- Must complete the Assistance Report and send in copies of receipts in order to receive reimbursements.
- All funds will be paid directly to the convention assistance recipient immediately upon turning in receipts.
- Failure of the convention assistance recipient to comply with the policies governing this assistance may be grounds for denial of any future consideration by DSACO for any of its programs for a minimum of two years.
- Selection process may require an interview.
- To qualify for the family convention assistance, two family members MUST attend and be enrolled in the convention (this can be parents, siblings, self-advocates, children, etc.)
- Convention assistance recipients will be notified by phone, email or mail no later than March 25, 2019. Registration for the national convention will open March 25, 2019.
- Applicants are responsible for registering/coordinating all travel plans related to this convention.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
***Application must be postmarked or emailed by March 1, 2019. ***
Send applications to 521 W. Wilshire Blvd. Suite 130 OKC, OK 73116. For additional information regarding convention assistance, please contact email@example.com. Applications will be available on the DSACO website, www.dsaco.org. For additional information regarding the NDSC convention, please contact the National Down Syndrome Congress at 1-800-232-6372, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.ndsc.org.