DSACO is offering monetary reimbursement for expenses involved in attending the 2020 National Down Syndrome Congress Convention in New Orleans, LA June 25-28, 2020. Please see the eligibility and guidelines for more details. Reimbursement will be given in amounts up to $1,500. Applications must be postmarked by February 1, 2020.
Please send applications to:
Convention Assistance Committee
521 W. Wilshire Blvd. Suite 130
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
email: email@example.com: Subject: DSACO Convention Assistance Committee
DSACO National Convention Assistance Guidelines & Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the convention assistance, applicants:
- Must have Down syndrome or be an immediate family member such as a parent, legal guardian, sibling, or
grandparent of a person(s) with Down syndrome. Self-advocates must be 15 or older and an adult must
accompany them to the convention.
- Must live within the DSACO outreach area.
- Must be an active member of DSACO; attending special events and programs (at least one each per year).
- Those who received full conference assistance in 2019 must take one year off before applying again.
- Those who received and accepted partial assistance may apply again.
- May submit multiple applications per family; however, no more than one convention assistance will be awarded per family.
- Families receiving assistance for another conference are not eligible for assistance for NDSC in the same calendar year.
- Must sign and agree to the consent form in order to be considered. Under certain circumstances, if the assistance recipient withdraws, he/she will be required to repay the convention assistance amount received.
- Must make a presentation about the convention by one or more of the following within 90 days of returning
from the convention.
- Must volunteer with three DSACO events/programs, to be arranged within 90 days of returning
- Must complete an expense report and send in copies of receipts in order to receive reimbursements.
- All funds will be paid directly to the convention assistance recipient immediately upon turning in receipts.
- Failure of the convention assistance recipient to comply with the policies governing this assistance may be grounds for denial of any future consideration by DSACO for any of its programs for a minimum of two years.
- The selection process may require an interview.
- To qualify for the family convention assistance, two family members MUST attend and be enrolled in the convention (this can be parents, siblings, self-advocates, children, etc.)
- Convention assistance recipients will be notified by phone, email or mail no later than March 9, 2020.
- Registration for the national convention will open in the spring of 2020.
- Applicants are responsible for registering/coordinating all travel plans related to this convention.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.