Extra Help is a Social Security program that helps people on Medicare save an average of $4,000. per year on their Part D Medicare expenses and prescription medications. Extra Help is for people on Social Security Disability who have Medicare, as well as those 65 and older. This program:
- Reduces or eliminates the Part D Medicare premium
- Reduces or eliminates the Part D annual deductible
- Reduces the copay for prescription drugs
- Eliminates the doughnut hole
- You can change plans at any time during the year, not only during open enrollment
In addition to help with prescriptions, we have information on Preventive Health Services for people on Medicare. Medicare provides coverage for many tests and vaccinations as well as well patient visits. These preventive services are covered for people of all incomes and are not related to financial qualifications.
Anyone interested in applying can do so by calling 405-521-2281.
View Flyer: MIPPA LIS and MSP
DHS Aging Services Division offers several programs. You can learn more at http://www.okdhs.org/services/aging/Pages/AgingServicesMain.aspx