Tax Information and Future Donations
January 14, 2019
Thank you for your continued support of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma. Our mission is to raise awareness and provide resources, as well as promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome. The organization’s programs include workshops for families, educators and self-advocates; new parent visitation and support; parent to parent meetings; D.A.D.S group; free tutoring services; microwave-based cooking classes for teens and adults as well as many other awareness components and resources. These services are vital to the community because they educate a wide variety of individuals about the needs of individuals with Down syndrome.
For your 2018 tax documentation filing, listed below is important information about the contribution documentation process and how to make future contributions.
The Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma (DSACO) is a certified Federal 501c3 charity, EIN 73-1594411.
- In accordance with US Tax Law, all tax receipts will be completed no later than January 31. Statements, contributions, and expenses are still being reconciled. You can request a copy of your giving statement at that time.
- As a non-profit, DSACO will NOT be snail mailing or even mass-emailing donation receipts.
- If you would like a copy of your year-to-date giving, please email email@example.com the subject line “Tax Receipt Inquiry”. We will send you an official receipt via email *by request only* this year.
- Should you have any questions or identify any discrepancies, please contact us for explanation and correction.
- If you donated USED items, those count as an “in-kind” donation, and would be claimed similar to giving clothes to Goodwill, women’s shelters, etc.
- Those who have contributed significant time/volunteered at DSACO can document your mileage.
- If you donated to one of our FACEBOOK FUNDRAISERS, there is a link in your own settings that documents how much you gave, which will serve as your receipt as a cash donation.
- WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION! Please send any future mail or check donations to the office at: 521 W. Wilshire, Suite 130, Oklahoma City, OK 73116
We are extremely grateful for every cent you have shared in 2018. What an incredible year of growth and change for the organization! Thank you for helping us provide resource and promote acceptance and inclusion. We look forward to serving our families in 2019!
Here’s to a healthy and inclusive 2019!